Sharing your child's learning journey...
The Ministry of Education have seven key principles that guide effective reporting and information sharing:
- Ako (describes the teaching and learning relationship)
- Focus and coverage (of learning across the curriculum)
- Foundations for learning (progress and achievement in literacy, numeracy, key competencies and ‘learning-to-learn’ skills)
- Student responsibility (to understand what they have learnt and what they need to focus on next)
- Motivation (to understand and be involved in their own learning)
- Technologies (to see the learning process and progress in real time)
- Checking in with parents (so parents can understand where their child's learning is at and engage in supporting and encouraging them)
(MOE online reference linked here)
- The mobile ability to see their learning in real time.
- Your child as much ownership of their learning journey and the process that this examples as their teacher.
- The ability to interact and reply to comments made by your child and your child's teacher, in real time, around their learning.